Really this is more like a ‘Before-We-Move-to-Louisiana Bucket List’. Our time out here in California is coming to an end. Who knows if we’ll ever make it back out here! There are a couple of things we’re hoping to do on our way back to Louisiana at the end of September (Havasu, Skywalk, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Sedona, Flagstaff). The other things on my list, I hope to cross off while we’re still living here in the desert.
Stella and I have a trip to Pennsylvania coming up soon. We should be able to complete at least a couple of the things while we’re on the East Coast! The Jersey shore is calling my name! I can smell those heavenly Brown’s donuts already!
If you have any book recommendations, send them my way! I’m currently working on Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Novels are my jam. If you’re looking for a fantastic book to kick off your summer, I absolutely loved another book by Kristin Hannah – The Nightingale. I would lend you my copy, but, alas, I bought the eBook on my Nook. Sorry friends!
Here it is – my ‘bucket list’!
- Read at least three books (just being realistic)
- Establish a workout routine and stick with it
- Spend the day at Big Bear Lake
- Take Stella to the beach & boardwalk in New Jersey
- Go to the beach in California
- Go to the San Diego Zoo
- Go to the Santa Monica Pier
- Visit an aquarium
- Go an entire day without technology
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Watch fireworks
- Have a picnic in the park as a family
- Go to the farmer’s market in Joshua Tree
- Take Stella to the splash pad
- Make s’mores around a fire with friends
- Watch the Perseid Meteor Shower at Joshua Tree National Park (August)
- De-clutter our home
- Visit Lake Havasu
- Visit the Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Visit Sequoia National Park
- Have a girls’ night with friends
- Make homemade ice-cream
- Visit Lake Mead & the Hoover Dam
- Visit Sedona and/or Flagstaff
- Pay it forward
If you live nearby and wanna join in on any of these things, please let me know! I could use a workout buddy for sure! Also a buddy to eat s’mores with! It’s all about balance, right?